• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Severe chronic bloating--is there a medication that works

lemongaga

Bluelighter
I am bloated 24/7

the diagnosis i keep getting is: IBS

i have seen naturopaths, dieticians and allergists.

I am the queen of elimination diets.

I am currently surviving off of brown rice and almonds and a sweet potatoe a few times a week. I have raw carrots and if i make it to the store i can eat cooked aspargus. nothing else.

no salt no spices or nothing or i'll flare up. and it takes at least 3-4 days of "safety diet" to get back down to normal, and the second i slip up, it blows up again.

that means no gluten, dairy, soy, yeast, sugar, corn fructose, fake sweetners, nothing...no oats either you got to be out your mind i can only handle the safety diet foods in small amounts. oh yah i can have olive oill...

every food has to be organic
okay so im tired of people telling me to watch my trans fats or limit my sodium cake or warning me of the dangers of aspartame and high glycemic foods. im aware of all of this. thanks really it's awesome information except i already know.

has anyone ever dealt with ANYTHing like this, and have they gotten better?

they say the issue could be a lack of serotonin, so what happens if i get on an SSRI like lexapro , will that solve my issue? it's more than food intolerances and food allergies,...

is there a pharmacutical drug i can take to make the bloating go down? all the OTC stuff does not work.

i want to drink and i havent for over a year b/c i'm too scared of it bloating. (and its only getting worse)

anyone with information on this subject please respond.
i hope this is not an unanswered post. i'm going to see a gastronologist in a few weeks and i want to be prepared

oh shit i forgot eggs dont bother me either so what am i crying about huh?

lemongaga, you have to realize that people are not always on the board, so assuming someone is going to move your thread as well as answering your question within 30 minutes of you posting is likely not going to happen, particularly if it's in the Homeless forum. Sit tight. :)

Homeless -> Healthy Living

Is your Doctor they?

What professional advice have you received before asking here?

I'm not certain if this is helpful or not, but you mentioned eating carrots raw. My mom suffers from IBS and acid reflux, and she has found that almost all her veggies need to be lightly cooked before eating. I think with carrots, raw is not best because some have a harder time breaking down the cellose fibers and whatnot during digestion.

i was recently diagnosed with a protein deficiency that caused me to retain water and blow up like a blimp. i was eating only raw fruits and vegs, and a tiny amount of whole grains thinking i needed to diet to lose the stubborn weight. turns out i was making it worse. i got some prescription liquid protein, and a diuretic, and the problem that had plagued me for months cleared up in just a few days. try boosting your protein intake (more eggs, maybe?) and see if it helps. good luck!

nevermind it was just my body goin out of whack when i randomly stopped taking birth control and wellbutrin at the same time. thank GOD that's over . too bad i freaked out about it and got drunk . so now i just have a drug problem that's worse than it's ever been. awesome!

Yeah taking antidepressants and other stuff is not good for bloating. Going on, staying on, and getting off are hell on your body.

Get some organic hemp protein powder. And also, for bloating a product called Pancreatin from twin labs worked great for me.